The Sacrament of Confirmation
Register for theIntersection Teen Ministry. All teens in grades 6 through 12 must be active in theIntersection in order to participate in the Confirmation process. This applies to students who attend public and Catholic school.
Both the parent and teen must attend an orientation on Thursday, August 28th from 7pm to 8:30pm at St. William . This orientation will answer most of your questions about the Confirmation process. We will review the requirements and walk you through a process which will help you discern if this is the right time for you to begin the Confirmation process.
About our Confirmation process:
Since 2007 the Sacrament of Confirmation is celebrated at St. Nicholas and St. William Parishes during the Easter Season on the basis of readiness rather than age. Children, ages seven through High School, and their parents may apply in the fall of the year for admission into this program. Parish catechetical and youth ministry staffs help discern the candidates’ and the families’ readiness and prepare them for the reception of the Sacrament. What is critical is active, age-appropriate participation in the life of the faith community. Readiness for Confirmation is determined using the following criteria: Weekly celebration of the Eucharist by the candidate and family; involvement in our faith community, Periodic interviews for the candidate and family with a pastoral staff member.
Students in middle school and high school (grades 6-12) must:
- Attend an orientation meeting on Thursday, August 28th from 7pm to 8:30pm at St. William (both parent and teen must attend).
- Be registered in theIntersection Teen Ministry prior by August 1st.
- Participate in theIntersection on a regular basis (twice a month at least).
- Student and sponsor must attend four Thursday night sessions during the year to prepare for the Sacrament of Confirmation.
- Attend three-day Confirmation Retreat (January 9-11, 2015).
- Participate in two youth liturgies with your Confirmation group during the year.
Please note: 6th through 12th graders must be registered in theIntersection prior to August 1st to be eligible to begin the Confirmation Process this year.